The Travis Perkins Group is delighted to announce that they have joined the UK Green Building Council, further emphasising the Group’s strong commitment to help our customers’ new-build and retrofit sustainable building projects.
The UK Green Building Council (UK-GBC) is a membership organisation campaigning for a sustainable built environment – one that minimises negative environmental impacts while maximising benefits for people everywhere.
This is the latest in a series of steps that the Travis Perkins Group has undertaken over the last two years to help its customers deliver sustainable build projects:
• In 2010, the Group established a new division, Sustainable Building Solutions, to help educate and guide the industry in sustainable building techniques;
• Established an Advisory Board of independent experts and senior industry figures;
• Created an authoritative website at www.sustainablebuildingsolutions.co.uk
• Devised a series of thermally-modelled architects drawings for new build and retrofit to help customers pass SAP testing more easily
• Provided a range of services and training courses to help installers deliver their projects.
Paul Joyner, Director of Sustainable Building Solutions (SBS), said: “Joining the Green Building Council was an obvious step for the Travis Perkins Group, as we look to develop our position as a market-leader within sustainable building and our commitment to making it easier for the industry to deliver sustainable build projects.”
For more details about the UK Green Building Council please visit www.ukgbc.org.