Suitable for: qualified plumbers, heating engineers and renewables installers
- 3 days
- Bpec Certification
- Course Fees:
- £595 + VAT
SBS has partnered with PPL Training to provide this course.
What qualifications must be held?
• Part L
Assessment Method: Open book examination
• Introduction to domestic solar hot water
• Solar collectors
• Hot water storage and installation basics
• Preparing to install a solar hot water system
• Fitting of solar collectors
• Plumbing layout
• Control and power requirements
• System commissioning
• Renewable Heat Incentive
Training Product Code
• Recognised Solar Thermal qualification for MCS membership
• Practical and theory solar thermal hot water training
• Candidates must hold valid Unvented Hot Water qualification
• Onsite training available at your company’s premises
Hints & Tips
• The Bpec Solar Thermal course is recognised for membership of the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) and competent person schemes.
• Scottish installers can take advantage of the Low Carbon Skills Fund to potentially receive funding for up to 50% of the course costs.
• The course covers all the underpinning knowledge and practical demonstration required to install Solar Thermal Hot Water systems.
• For more information regarding the required prerequisite qualifications required to undertake this course, which include an Unvented Hot Water Storage qualification, please contact our helpline.