Suitable for: Electricians & domestic installers looking to up skill to Solar Photovoltaic Installation Training
- 3 days
- Course Fees:
- £595 + VAT
SBS has partnered with PPL Training to provide an installer training course on Solar PV.
What qualifications must be held?
• 17th Edition Wiring Regulations OR 17th Edition and Part P
Assessment Method: Multi-choice question paper, written paper & practical assessment
How a Photovoltaic System Works – Principles and Components
Photovoltaic Panels in context of Renewable Technologies
Design and specification of solar PV systems
Installation of a PV System
Commissioning, testing & client hand-over
Maintenance of solar PV systems
Training Product Code
• Recognised Solar PV qualification for MCS membership
• Includes H&S qualifications (Assessment only)
• Candidates must hold Part P (Full Scope) or already have the ability to work to the standard required to join a competent person’s scheme or can provide evidence of Inspection and Testing.
• Candidates must hold 17th Edition qualifications - you will be required to supply a copy of your certificate on the first day of the course
• Onsite training available at your company’s premises
Hints & Tips
• Scottish installers can take advantage of the Low Carbon Skills Fund to potentially receive funding for up to 50% of the course costs.
• The course covers all the underpinning knowledge and practical demonstration required to install Solar Photovoltaic systems.
• SBS can also offer Part P and 17th edition wiring regulations courses, which are required as a prerequisite for the installation of Solar Photovoltaic systems, please contact us for further details.
• For more information regarding the required mandatory prerequisite qualifications required to undertake this course, please contact the SBS helpline.