Suitable for: Anyone wishing to gain theory and practical training in the installation of domestic loft insulation, including under ECO.
- 1 day
- City & Guilds
- Course Fees:
- £240 + VAT
SBS has partnered with PPL Training to provide an installer training course on Loft Insulation.
• Energy efficiency considerations
• Different types of loft insulation
• Building regulations
• Thermal & Sound insulation
• Health & Safety
• Energy Saving
• Site Survey
• Temporary lighting
• Board walking
• Setting out
• Customer care
• PAS2030 approved by NAPIT, NICEIC, STROMA and other certification bodies as proof of competency for Domestic Loft Insulation under PAS2030
Hints & Tips
• Under CERO Funding, Loft Insulation can be installed as a free measure. This is under the condition that External Wall Insulation or Cavity Wall Insulation has also be installed under the CERO grant. A full grant for External Wall Insulation can be received if the property is heated by electricity or solid fuel and a full grant for Cavity Wall Insulation is available to those whose walls are classed as hard-to-treat. 50% grants are available for other properties.
• For any of the above to be applicable, a full Green Deal Report/Assessment will need to be completed on the property. Only fully qualified Green Deal Assessors will be able to carry out the required reports. To find out more about becoming a qualified Green Deal Assessor visit our training section.
• Scottish installers can take advantage of the Low Carbon Skills Fund to potentially receive funding for up to 50% of the course costs.