Suitable for: qualified plumbers, heating engineers and renewables installers
- 4 days
- Bpec Certification
- Course Fees:
- £725 plus VAT
SBS has partnered with PPL Training to provide this course.
What qualifications must be held?
• Part L
Assessment method: Open book multiple choice paper
• Introduction to the use of Ground & Air Source Heat Pumps
• Main types of systems
• Site location
• Heat loss calculations
• Design of heat pump systems
• Installation methods (Air and Ground Source)
• Commissioning systems
Training Product Code
• Recognised Heat Pump qualification for MCS membership
• Covers both air and ground source heat pumps
• Does not cover aspects of heat pump work that involves handling fluorinated greenhouse gases or working on the heat pump refrigerant circuit.
• Candidates must hold valid Unvented Hot Water qualification
• Onsite training available at your company’s premises
Hints & Tips
• This 4 day Bpec Heat Pumps is recognised for membership of the Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) and competent person schemes.
• Scottish installers can take advantage of the Low Carbon Skills Fund to potentially receive funding for up to 50% of the course costs.
• The course also covers all the underpinning knowledge and practical demonstration required to install Heat Pump systems.
• For more information regarding the required prerequisite qualifications required to undertake this course, which include an Unvented Hot Water Storage qualification contact the SBS helpline.