Suitable for: Individuals who handle / install refrigeration units, heat pumps (air / ground source) and air-conditioning systems.
- 5 days
- City & Guilds 2079-11 (Cat 1) Qualified
- Course Fees:
- £720 + VAT
SBS has partnered with PPL Training to provide an installer training course on F-Gas handling (refrigerant handling).
Assessment method: The F-Gas assessment consists of a multiple choice question paper, taken online and a practical assessment
• Identify basic systems, terms, principles, units and how these relate to theory and thermodynamics of vapour compression cycles and refrigerants
• Causes and effects of global warming and climate change
• Identify causes and effects of ozone depletion
• Stationary refrigerant, air conditioning and heat pump system components, functions and leakage risk
• Hazards and safe working practices for the installation, commissioning and handling of refrigerants
• Fabricate and examine pipework
• Pressure testing, evacuation and record completion
• Refrigerant charging, leak checking and record keeping
• Recovery of refrigerant and oil and prepare for disposal
Training Product Code
• Recognised F-Gas qualification
• A qualification in F-gas handling is required in order to service and maintain existing heat pumps systems.
• City & Guilds 2079 is an evergreen qualification and does not require renewal every three year (unlike CITB)
Hints & Tips
• The F-Gas training course is for those wanting to be covered for all four categories; leak checking, refrigerant recovery, service/maintenance, and installation.
• Brazing pipework is also included.