Suitable for: Plumbers, heating engineers and solid fuel installers, domestic renewable heat.
- 5 days
- Bpec Certification
- Course Fees:
- £995 plus VAT
SBS has partnered with PPL Training to provide this course.
What qualifications must be held?
• Part L
Assessment method: Multiple choice
• Introduction to solid fuel and wood heating
• Solid fuel wood heating
• Combustion, appliance types and fuel types
• Legislation, regulations and standards
• Flues and chimneys classification
• Flues and chimneys ventilation
• Appliance installation requirements
• Appliance maintenance requirements
• Basic chimney faults
• Unsafe situations
• Introduction to wood heating
• Biomass heating systems: technical overview
• Fuel supply and combustion
• Regulations and standards
• System cost, funding and policy support
• Hydraulic systems
• Fuel storage systems
• Conducting a site assessment
• Installation and maintenance
• Determining system size
• Commissioning and customer handover
• Operation and maintenance
• Unsafe situations
Training Product Code
• This Bpec Solid Biomass installer course has been developed with HETAS and the Solid Fuel Association.
• It is aimed at qualified heating engineers who wish to install domestic solid biomass heating systems including both space heating and central heating appliances.
• The content has been formulated to cater for the needs of installers involved in the installation of solid biomass burning appliances and those wishing to explore the market for these products.
• It draws upon the expertise of manufacturers, contractors, trade organisations and the requirements of Building Regulations and British Standards
Hints & Tips
• The support Biomass is receiving through the Renewables Heat Incentive means that installers will have a high demand for their installation skills in this field.
• Scottish installers can take advantage of the Low Carbon Skills Fund to potentially receive funding for up to 50% of the course costs.