'Ancon's range of Low Thermal Conductivity Wall Ties minimise heat loss through thermal bridging and improve the energy efficiency of a masonry cavity wall.
In addition to a number of high tensile stainless steel wire wall ties, the range includes the Ancon Teplo Tie which is manufactured from pultruded basalt fibres set in an epoxy resin. These ties are available to suit cavities from 50mm to 300mm and have been used on many ultra energy efficient buildings including the first certified Passivhaus to be built with traditional masonry cavity walls and the first retrofit to be built to Level 6 (zero carbon) of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
The Teplo Tie has a BBA approval and is available exclusively from Ancon Building Products. It has a thermal conductivity of just 0.7W/mK, making it the most thermally efficient wall tie on the market. All fixings with a conductivity rating of under 1.0W/mK are excluded from U-Value calculations to EN ISO 6946. Teplo Tie can therefore be used to reduce insulation thickness and wall footprint providing savings on all associated construction materials.'
Pultruded basalt fibres, set in an epoxy resin and a neoprene 'o' ring.
- Environmental statement:
- EPD (to ISO 14025):
- BRE Ecopoints:
- ISO 14001:
- ISO 14001: 2004 Certificate Number EMS 505377
- 3rd party Accreditation:
- BBA Agrément Certificate No. 09/4697
- ets the technical requirements of the NHBC (National House Building Council). Winner of the Building Products category of the 2010 Self Build Product Innovation Awards.
- Quality certification:
- ISO 9001: 2008 Certificate Number FM 12226
- Reusable. Basalt fibre is a new material so no current route is in place for recycling.
- Recycled content (to ISO 14021/WRAP):
- Substitute for or new materials/method:
- Metal wall ties
- Country/s of manufacture:
- Eastern Europe
- UK Distribution location:
- Sheffields, South Yorkshire
396243 - 275mm Teplo Tie
396247 - 300mm Teplo Tie
396253 - 325mm Teplo Tie
396256 - 350mm Teplo Tie
396261 - 425mm Teplo Tie